We are looking for an enthusiastic, reliable undergraduate interested in biological or bioengineering research to assist with general tasks related to running the laboratory.
- Assist with ongoing research projects
- Care for marine animals – feeding, cleaning, aquarium tank maintenance, making saltwater.
- Acquire papers and books from the library.
- Provide general assistance, including photocopying, scanning, database management, and running errands
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Please send a cover letter and resume by email to Prof. Patek (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please include information about previous job experience(s), at least two references, and a brief statement of how this job matches your goals and whether you are eligible for work-study funding. We will only review applications containing this information.
- Experience in at least ONE of the following areas: engineering, physics, biomechanics, evolutionary/functional morphology, general biology or marine animal care
- Organized, detail-oriented, dependable and willing to learn new skills
- Computer proficiency in Word, Excel, and library literature searches.
- Ability to learn new computer programs.
Hours and salary
8-10 hrs/week, $11-12/hour