The application window for this position is now closed.
AEOP High School Apprenticeship Program Opportunity – at Duke University in the Patek Lab (Biomechanics)
Project Title: Impulsive biological performance in the natural environment
Location: Patek Lab (pateklab.biology.duke.edu), Durham, North Carolina
Stipend: $10/hour for 8-10 weeks/up to 300 hours, June - August
Project Description: The research project will focus on impulsive performance in the natural environment. The student will be trained in the use of extreme high speed imaging, including running the machines, collecting publishable and calibrated images, analyzing motion using 3-D techniques, and analyzing datasets using statistical analyses.
* Must have an interest in working outdoors with live organisms
* Must submit transcripts, a resume, two letters of recommendation
* Must have maintained a cumulative GPA of at least 3.2 in their coursework
* Coursework requirements include biology and physics (first semester mechanics)
* Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent legal resident
* Current rising high school juniors and seniors are eligible
Apply at usaeop.com/program/hsap/
Application Opens: January 2
Deadline: February 28
Choose “Duke University” as research site of interest.
If applicant is local to the Durham area please contact Dr. Crystal Reynaga (email@example.com) with CV/resume and cover letter as soon as possible, prior to the application deadline in early January, to set-up an in-person interview.